Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Antique staffordshire pieces find new life as planters for delicate flowers.

The "Patio'' pots before the patio was built.

Huge Mr. Toad I disturbed from him burrow in the vegetable garden.

The fresh green and bronze foliage of Veronicatrum virginicum.

The Rose that Nancy bought me, whose official name I forget.


Summer blooms.

A dazzling bed of Sweet William.

Dew-spangled Digitalis.

The new squash bed, featuring the large rocks I removed while digging.

Digitalis, Digitalis, Digitalis.

Bellis perennis I grew from seed.

The creamy florescence of Rogersia.

Hypnotic Hay-scented fern fronds.

Lonicera sempervirens I found along Rt. 1 in Wells, Maine. It is the official flower of our local hummingbirds.

Aquilegia, or Columbine, ''Mckana Giants".

The path to the grape arbor.

Even after the petals have fallen, the tree Peony provides interest.

  
Cornus kousa, or "Korean Dogwood", whose blooms last for at least two months in our garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment